- 1 What is a job specification example?
- 2 What is a person specification example?
- 3 How do you prepare a person specification?
- 4 What is a good person specification?
- 5 How do you write a job description and specification?
- 6 What is the importance of a person specification?
- 7 What are the disadvantages of a person specification?
- 8 What is in a position description?
- 9 What are job responsibilities?
- 10 What is job description and example?
- 11 What are the elements of job specification?
The job description identifies the essentials of the role: the broad purpose, the major duties, the terms and conditions (Armstrong, 2009) A person specification describes the ‘attributes required of an employee to do the job to the required standard’ (Cushway, 2003).
You asked, what is the difference between job description and job specification provide examples? A job description is the detailed information of the vacant position that states the job title, job location, duties, responsibilities, job role, etc. … A job specification is the set of specific qualities, knowledge, and experience the candidate must possess to perform a particular job.
Subsequently, what is in a person specification? The person specification is a description of the qualifications, skills, experience, knowledge and other attributes (selection criteria) which a candidate must possess to perform the job duties.
Also know, why is a job description and person specification important? An updated job description will provide an excellent basis for the recruitment process, defining the person specification and indeed for ongoing assessment/ training of the new hire. Putting together the person specification enables the employer to profile the ideal person to fill the job.
Similarly, what is the difference between job description and role description? Job description: The main difference between a job role and a job description is length. While a job role is only a few words summarizing your purpose within the larger company, a job description lists the particulars of the position, including duties, responsibilities, and necessary skills.A job description is a document that states an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and functions of a specific job in an organisation. A job specification is a statement of the qualifications, personality traits, skills, etc. required by an individual to perform the job.
What is a job specification example?
A job specification outlines specific traits a person needs to do the job. Typically, that includes the qualifications, skills and personal traits you need to be successful. … That means you’ll see things such as a general description of the job, specific duties, environment and location in the job description.
What is a person specification example?
The person specification Qualifications: these should be appropriate to the level of expertise required by the role. … Examples might include: punctual; good team worker; proactive; flexible approach to change; customer-focussed; attention to detail; professional approach; enthusiasm for [aspects of role].
How do you prepare a person specification?
- Knowledge. This section could outline knowledge of IT software, office procedures or specific professional areas of knowledge required for the job.
What is a good person specification?
A person specification more fully describes the type of person who is most likely to be able to do the job satisfactorily. It include a person’s education and qualifications, relevant training and personal stand out qualities.
How do you write a job description and specification?
- the location of the job.
- a summary of the general nature, main purpose and objectives of the job.
- a list of the main duties or tasks of the employee.
- which skills/qualifications are essential and which are desirable.
- any equipment or software requirements, eg “knowledge of Raiser’s Edge”
What is the importance of a person specification?
The person specification is an important part of the recruiter’s toolbox. It allows you to communicate the traits you find desirable in an ideal candidate, such as education, previous work experience, and any extra traits that are needed to succeed in the role.
What are the disadvantages of a person specification?
- It is a time-consuming process as it has to be very thorough and complete.
- A job description is time-bound and changes with changing technology and changing knowledge & skill requirements.
What is in a position description?
The Position Description must describe what the job is, not what it was, will be next year, might be, or ought to be. The aim is to describe the permanent ongoing job. Omit any temporary duties or characteristics. … It is essential, though not always easy, to specify the whole job.
What are job responsibilities?
- A detailed task list,
- A list of job responsibilities and associated tasks, or.
- A list of job specific competencies.
What is job description and example?
A job description or JD lists the main features of a specific job. The description typically includes the person’s main duties, responsibilities, and working conditions. It also includes the job title and to whom the person holding that job has to report.
What are the elements of job specification?
There are four components of job specification: Educational qualification, experience, skills and knowledge, characteristics and personality traits.